Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Heart, Might, Mind & Strength

It is mentioned in the scriptures to love the Lord with all your "heart, might, mind and strength".  I have always considered this a somewhat impossible commandment to follow if I wanted to follow it to perfection.

I really didn't understand what it meant to love something in that manner - with that much of yourself.  Even after I married the most amazing man, I still didn't quite get it.  But now, with a 2 year old and a 4 month old, I think I finally am starting to comprehend that kind of love.  With very few exceptions, my boys occupy the majority of my mind throughout the day.  My heart is always with them, wishing for their best emotionally, physically and spiritually.  I would do anything within my might (or power) to keep them safe from harm.  And any parent can tell you that they love their kids with all their strength.  In the simplest of circumstances, it is when one of the boys falls asleep in my arms and I know if I move, he will wake up so even with muscles cramping in such a way that if this was just a regular workout, I'd be done and having my recovery drink, I hold steady and try to breathe through the pain.

I wonder if they know or comprehend how much I love them.  I sincerely doubt it.  I still don't comprehend the idea of my parents loving me as much as I love my kids.  Not that my parents are bad, unloving parents or that I have a horrible selfworth but it is just difficult to wrap my mind around the concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment