Friday, August 23, 2013

Accountability

I've been listening to the Mormon Channel radio show called "Conversations" while commuting to and from work.  I've loved the show since I first discovered it a couple of years ago and have always wished to better remember the things I learn from those who speak.

Th other day I was listening to an episode with Virginia Hinckley Pearce.  One of the things that really stood out was a story where she had recently been called to be a counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency.  She went to her president and said she was afraid she was going to let everyone down.  The president taught a great lesson in stating that she did not need to worry about being accountable to church members, the rest of the presidency, other presiding officers or to anyone else; the only person she was accountable to is the Lord.

How different some of our days would be if we could remember and utilize that simple counsel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment