Friday, November 29, 2013

Focusing Outward

I'm not going to lie.  I was really hoping that this was going to be an Abrahamic Trial.  You know, so that as soon I agreed to it and continued to move forward, I would be given the opportunity to move on.  Alas, it was not to be.

However, knowing that I have a purpose in my current situation has really forced me to keep looking outward.  In almost every interaction I have, I am striving to find ways to bless the lives of others or demonstrate a Christ-like characteristic.  In addition, I feel I have had many doors of opportunity open.  Not opportunities for getting out the situation like I had hoped but in chances to bring up gospel in conversation.  Just simple conversations can lead to so much.  I feel I have been able to clear up a lot of misconceptions as well and forge deeper friendships.

I'm sorry to say that, unfortunately, my motives are not yet completely pure.  I'm still hoping to do whatever it is that I am supposed to do so that I can move on and get to a better (in  my opinion) situation.  And, yes, I did just "say" that aloud.  And, yes, I know that sometimes the trial is to change your motive so I'm working on that too.  In the meantime, I'm grateful for my less egocentric perspective on things.  (Even though being less egocentric actually has an egocentric goal.  Whoa...I'm confusing myself.)  Hmm...I feel a New Year's Resolution coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment