Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Name Game

Just for clarification's sake, I thought I would explain the boys' aliases.

"LJ" is pretty easy.  It is for "Little John".

"The Lion" requires a bit more of a back story.  The name first came from this conversation with John before I had my ultrasound and he was guessing hoping I was having a baby lion.  We keep little journals for each of the boys that tell them little things about the day or lessons we learned from them.  In the first entry Doug wrote for Spencer, he said, "I think you will be the noble lion we joked you were while you were in the womb.  Noble, courageous and strong."  The name has stuck.  Here he is with one of his early birthday presents.  (I'm kind of in denial that he is going to be a year old in a few days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment